Eric Harshbarger's SCRABBLE® Website
If you are interested in learning how to play Scrabble competitively, you should vist the website of the North American Scrabble Players Association.
My entry at Crosstables.com.
A list of some of my personal records from tournament play:
- High Win: 615, twice actually.
- High Loss: 469 (opponent: 481). San Francisco, CA. November 2013.
- Most Bingos in a Game: 5 (a number of times; one example: UNITIES, SAUTOIRE, COTTIERS, STATIONS, NONLEGAL; New Orleans, LA, Aug 2004). Another 5 bingo game of mine in Portland, OR (September 2008) saw my opponent get 3 bingos herself, for a combined total of 8 bingos in one game (very rare); mine were: PAPERING, EDACIOUS, NOONTIDE, SEEDLING, and NEBULAR; hers: OUTRAGED, WAITERED, and RELICTS.
- Most Bingos in a Row: Several times with 3 in a row (most recently, opening a game in Metairie, LA, Sep 2013: CLEARED, RAINBOW, UNATONED).
- Longest Word Played: I have played a several 9 letter words including a 'split-9', ADUL(A)T(I)NG to bingo out and win a game in Asheville, NC (November 2008). In Portland, OR (May 2014) I also formed an 11-letter word by front extending MONETARY to NONMONETARY to win a game.
- Highest Scoring Play: 194 (EJECTION, Charlotte, NC. May 2009). This was a 'triple-triple' play. I have played several triple-triples in tournaments, and in one game played two: FILTERED and BARITONE (Asheville, NC, November 2008). My highest scoring play that was not a triple-triple was VIZIRATE for 130 points. My highest scoring non-bingo play was HERTZ for 94 points (Knoxville, June 2014).
HASBRO is the owner of the registered SCRABBLE® trademark in the United States and Canada.
All photographs and text on this website are © Copyright 2001-2018 to Eric Harshbarger unless otherwise noted.