Eric Harshbarger's SCRABBLE® Website
If you are interested in learning how to play Scrabble competitively, you should vist the website of the North American Scrabble Players Association.
My entry at Crosstables.com.
A list of some of my personal records from tournament play:
- High Win: 639 (New Castle, DE; 26 Dec 2018)
- High Loss: 473 (opponent: 493). Austin, TX (March 2019). I opened this game with three bingos in a row (UPBRAIDS, SCANTING, and CHLORINE) and was, at one point, about 140 points ahead. However my opponent came back to win by 20 points. There was a total of eight bingos played (my fourth was GURRIES; he played MOONIER, ENFLAMED, EPAULETS, and INKIEST).
- Most Bingos in a Game: 5 (a number of times; one example: UNITIES, SAUTOIRE, COTTIERS, STATIONS, NONLEGAL; New Orleans, LA, Aug 2004). Another 5 bingo game of mine in Portland, OR (September 2008) saw my opponent get 3 bingos herself, for a combined total of 8 bingos in one game (very rare); mine were: PAPERING, EDACIOUS, NOONTIDE, SEEDLING, and NEBULAR; hers: OUTRAGED, WAITERED, and RELICTS.
- Most Bingos in a Row: Several times with 3 in a row (most recently, opening a game in Metairie, LA, Sep 2013: CLEARED, RAINBOW, UNATONED). In July 2019 at an Atlanta tournament I had four bingos in row (without any blanks), however, the last one was an unchallenged phony: THIONATE, JOYRIDER, LASAGNE, GASLIKE*.
- Longest Word Played: I have played several 9 letter words including a 'split-9', ADUL(A)T(I)NG to bingo out and win a game in Asheville, NC (November 2008). In Portland, OR (May 2014) I also formed an 11-letter word by front extending MONETARY to NONMONETARY to win a game.
- Highest Scoring Play: 194 (EJECTION, Charlotte, NC. May 2009). This was a 'triple-triple' play. I have played several triple-triples in tournaments, and in one game played two: FILTERED and BARITONE (Asheville, NC, November 2008). My highest scoring play that was not a triple-triple was VIZIRATE for 130 points. My highest scoring non-bingo play was ZETA for 95 points (New Castle, DE, December 2018).
HASBRO is the owner of the registered SCRABBLE® trademark in the United States and Canada.
All photographs and text on this website are © Copyright 2001-2018 to Eric Harshbarger unless otherwise noted.